Thursday, August 12, 2010

Passion in the details...


Today my father called me every hour it seemed with more excitement in his voice than a child at Christmas.  He is in Monterey, Ca. for the Mecum, Concours d'elegance, and other car shows.  He is a life long machinists and has been meticulous about the details in his craft, so when it comes to cars he is a freak for design.  All designers start with the same materials; steel, leather, rubber, aluminum, chrome and glass but the design choices is what gets our hearts racing.  It's like a great musician, it's almost more about what he doesn't play, than what he plays.  


This is a 1966 Lamborghini.  We are not necessarily big fans of the name brand but you can't deny this design.  I've never seen a rear window quite like this.














He called me after dinner, he and mom were walking the streets after polishing off a bottle.  There were cars parked everywhere Alfa Romeo's, Jags, and this 1974 BMW 3.0 cs.  I'm booking my ticket for next year.  I may have to take my 67 Benz for a trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment