Monday, August 9, 2010

3 Bags and a Lot of Nerve...


This is the woman who lured me from my little town to New York. 



    I think I deserved an Oscar for getting into that school without ever really acting.  I remember reading about Brando and being amazed by this guy and the fact that he felt so authentic and real in his films.  Once I saw the picture of him and Stella Adler and learned about the school, I packed 3 bags, booked a flight and an audition.  My fondest memory though of my short stay there was a woman named Alice Winston.  She was old school and smoked constantly in class and never flicked her ashes.  She gave me a hard time on stage because I refused to be big and theatrical.  Many were afraid of her cause she was so mean and because she was from the old school days when Marlon was around the studio with Stella.  One day she was ripping into me and I walked off stage and sat down and she kept in on me and finally I pranced on stage and pretended to be flamboyant screaming I'm an actor, "look at me, look at me" and then I walked out.  When I ran into her on the street, she yelled at me, "Dustan, come here son!  What you did, That's what Marlon would have done!  Ha!





                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment