It's been a hell of a few months. While working on the garden room we've been through a hurricane and lots of changes in the neighborhood and some live shows. Between working, rehearsing and working on the house, I'm averaging maybe 5 hours of sleep. It's nice when you finish a phase though and can look back on a project. This Garden Room came out really nice and feels a lot bigger with all the renovations to the wall and ceiling. Once again, Jay came to the rescue and worked with me. This room needed some ceiling repairs along with many repairs to the wall. The floor had a lot of damage too from termites and I managed to find more wood at the Green Project.
We decided to expose the bricks on the fireplace and it really made a difference. After a lot of chiseling and dust clean up, it totally transformed the room.
We had to cut out all the sections of the floor that were eaten and replace with the real nice wood that I found.
I finally found an old fan with a school house light on it on craigslist. Simple fans have proven really hard to find. Most modern fans are way over designed and look like they belong in some Italian castle. I'm happy with this one though.
The Garden Room