Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Chateau St. Roch Mardi Gras Weekend....


Things are looking good in the neighborhood when you can eat Vegan Crab Cake down the block.  This is the view out of St. Roch Tavern looking toward the St. Roch Market.  We had a great Mardi Gras weekend renovating the house.  I asked my neighbor Jay to help out and he turned out to be a joy to work with.  He's a lover of New Orleans architecture and loves the house as much as we do.  


I knew he was the guy I wanted helping me when I saw him go fearlessly up and down a huge latter.  You can tell he's done this a lot.  I think we'll be able to learn a lot working with each other.  Amanda and I have been researching the many colors of white out there and bought, well tried to buy a can of "Swiss Coffee" white from Helm Paint, but Ronny was so generous to give us one to try.  Thanks Ronny!



I cleaned up the foyer and painted it.  I did not fix the natural cracks in the plaster as I wanted it that way.



Removing the last of the big items left in the house was a breeze with Jay.



Removing the tin over the windows took the garden into the kitchen.



This room was packed with stuff for so long that we didn't realize how big it was.  We'll use it as a living room with a working fireplace.


Let there be light!  Jay climbed way up the latter to unleash the light that was being locked out by the shutters.  What a difference when you can get natural light in. This room, the blue room, has a magic about it.  I almost don't want to touch it.  I think we're going to pull the falling plaster down and leave the laths exposed.  I strummed the guitar in it and stared out the window.  It's going to be a good room.






No comments:

Post a Comment