Sunday, February 12, 2012

Chateau St. Roch...


At this point in the process we're feeling so many emotions.  We feel like pioneers for buying in a new upcoming area on the outskirts of the Bywater.  If you listen to the local news you'd think we were nuts for buying anywhere in New Orleans.  But, if you spend anytime in the Bywater/ St. Claude Arts district you'll notice an international crowd building a new community.  There are folks from NY, San Francisco and modern communities such as Portland all choosing to set up their lives in New Orleans.  Amanda and I have gone from being excited to nervous so many times but now it's starting to feel like the positive energy is starting to win.  The other day I was on the latter and a news van was at the light across the street and I was yelling at him trying to get his attention.  I told him his crime stories were cheesy and that if they truly loved the city they'd cover more than shootings and football.  I don't know but that sounds like they are only in it for the money and not the city.  I know conflict and drama sell but how about a feel good story?   







It was my pleasure to paint over this X.  Fuck Katrina!  I know that is harsh but that's the only way to put it.  I'm over that story for our city.  It is not our story anymore.  There's a new story happening right before our eyes.  

Yes, that is the front page of the Times Picayune working fine as a paint splash.  Good enough is not good enough anymore.  

It's so nice to escape the trappings of modern life in our old bedroom with the fireplace.  Luca is totally at home with his mom and dad.



We're preparing the garden for the spring party we're going to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment