Thursday, March 8, 2012

Chateau becoming a home.....


Moving into an old house can be a pretty spooky experience, especially if you're living there before you have all your things that offer you comfort.  When Mr. Pollet gave us the keys to see how we liked it, we stayed there many nights on the mattress in the master bedroom.  In the very beginning we'd go there and leave as soon as it was getting dark as if something was going to get us.  I think it was the picture of the beautiful creole lady in the closet upstairs.  There's no getting past feeling like you're intruding on her territory.  


I spent many evenings rehearsing some music and just ignoring any feelings of ghost or silliness that comes along with abandoned houses.  One night I was so into a song and a draft blew the door just a bit and I stopped playing and started talking to her just in case.  This is New Orleans after all and people pay good money to go on ghost tours.  



I've gone through the whole house and have found many great items due to Mr. Pollet being a collector of beautiful things like french doors, mirrors, etc.  When I was cleaning out the carriage house, I found these brass lanterns that I think we're going to use on the front of the house.  This will help us in our efforts toward a white, wood and brass look.



Our first haul from the storage shed.  Feels good to have your things around and organization starting to take shape.


Lunch break with Amanda and Jay.

No comments:

Post a Comment