Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dreamland Recording Studio Session...


The recording process has been going well but it's a long one.  On Tuesday, Danny Blume went into Dreamland Studios in Woodstock to record drums with Jerry Marotta on "Iniquity Blues".  I was happy he agreed to work with us.  I'm hoping to one day be able to work in a place like this from start to finish. Until then, I'll have to keep piecing records together the way I do.  Maybe it's best for me to work this way.  I'm enjoying this process for the time being.  I'm steeped in "new" New Orleans culture writing and doing some recording but working in Woodstock which allows me the perspective I need.  Since the first Mink Hollow session things have turned more acoustic but blend well with the electric songs too.  All the songs are special to me and am starting to listen to them all together as a record and am very excited with what I'm hearing.  




The live room at Dreamland Studio




Engineer Adam


Jerry Marotta

No comments:

Post a Comment