Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Back to the Land.....




Last Saturday I hired Jose and Joshua to help me remove the two layers of tile and wood from the kitchen floor.  I had started on my own but I was so intimidated and weak.  This takes drive beyond belief.  Drive like my grandparents in the field in the July weather.  Watching these guys attack this job sent me under the tobacco shed to my childhood.  I couldn't help but think of early America and the hands that built her.  They had this kind of drive, stubborn and unrelenting.  It's nice to be part of a community going back to the land and respecting it.  It's where we find soul and meaning.








This is more like it, just plain old rugged wood.  We found termite damage in two areas but will find salvaged pine to make our repairs.  

Prepping the "Peacock Room"



This is what I scrapped off the from the water damage but it was so nice I kept going.




We also cleaned up the fan and repainted it flat black.  Natural wood blades will be used as replacements.  


No comments:

Post a Comment