Friday, September 30, 2011

Round Top....


Heading out on a road trip to Texas today.  I'm meeting my wife and a some friends from both Louisiana and NY.  There's a huge flea market happening there this weekend and we all love junk and meeting up in places like this.  I'm excited to hit the road alone in the mini cooper with some records and a notepad.  One thing I miss about touring is being on the open road.  It's a great place to let your mind wonder and play albums the way they should be played, from beginning to end.  I'm excited to see what kinds of treasures I find along the way.  Maybe a song, a word, an old leather book or some horns.  I don't care after a week of watching documentaries, I need to get out and feel good again about people and these trips away from the computer and research usually turn out for the best.  After going to two funerals in one week, I'm overwhelmed with sense of duty to make something out of my minutes.  The recordings have been going well and will share them soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment