Saturday, September 10, 2011

KingQueen Sessions I.....


The KingQueen Sessions have been going well.  Josh Werner and Dave Burnett came down to New Orleans to track some drums and bass last month and it went well.  Mostly though, it's been me and Danny Blume(pictured above) working through emails and countless phone calls.  When you work with someone you trust, there's a lot of unspoken communication.  Danny and I had a lot of success with film work in the past and I feel we're onto a nice new sound that we'll be able to find placements for in the future.  

In August, Amanda and I went up to Brooklyn and were lucky enough to be sent keys to Megan and Josh's beautiful Williamsburg apartment.  The place is located in my old neighborhood and brought back many memories of recording my first  record.  I remember going into the diner in my slippers and pajamas for a brownie and milk while the rest of the hood was partying.


Danny and I had come to the conclusion that we needed a female singer and through working with Dave I got to hear Margo Valiante(above) and knew instantly we'd sound good together.  We booked a session at the Kennel studio and it turns out it was my old friend Prince Polo's studio.  New York can be a really small world.  Within a few days so many dots were connected and realized how many projects are there waiting for me.  I think a uHaul will be in order at some point after the winter.  


Margo tracked "The River Song" and "KingQueen" during these sessions and simply created magic.  We are planning on writing some stuff together and doing some shows in NY.  Lots of good vibes from she and Dave.


The next day as I was floating on air from the sessions, we met Aaron and Esther at Balthazaar for brunch.  I'm so excited to have a clear vision of a musical path again.  It's been awhile, everything so foggy not knowing what direction to take.  This picture makes me feel good, this woman truly has my back.  


Of course shopping was in order, though we hardly bought anything.  Only in NY can you see something that you didn't know you needed so badly.  Check this out by Our Legacy.


This suit fit me perfectly.  Maybe one day I'll get it for the stage.  I'm excited for the times to come!









No comments:

Post a Comment