Thursday, September 8, 2011

The River Nile Sessions....


Last weekend I escaped the storms on the coast of Louisiana and drove to Atlanta to begin my sessions with River Nile.  After and eight hour drive, I arrived at the studio and crashed for a few hours.  When I woke up in the morning, I realized I was the first one up until I saw this little fella lying on the floor staring at me in silence.



His name was J'adore not sure if this is the correct spelling but his name quickly became "Poncake".  He didn't say anything to me for the first hour and followed me around the kitchen while I searched for coffee.  After and hour of silence, he looked at me and said, "me want poncake".  I was in love with this little guy.



Gary and I spent the time getting my computer straight with all the necessary programs and refills needed for our collaboration.  The project will be a mix of 70's Dub, old R&B, and a dash of Velvet Underground.  



Here are some of the elements we're limiting ourselves to in the studio for the River Nile Sessions:














No comments:

Post a Comment