Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pygmy Lush...


One night in the middle of it, I woke up hearing some noise in the neighbors back yard and it was them belting out a song along with an acoustic guitar.  My immediate reaction was to open the window and yell at them but stopped to listen to the song and realized how great it sounded and didn't want them to stop.  The sound was an honest, joyful noise and I didn't want to disturb their screaming in the middle of the quiet night.

The next day I approached my neighbor and told him that I thought the song they were singing in the middle of the night was special.  He laughed embarrassingly.  "No", I said "really".  We sat and had a beer and he played a record of the band that was touring through New Orleans and I liked what I heard and ordered it in the Amazon used bins.  On my hands and knees finishing the tile work, I began to listen and track after track was as lovely noise, much like my neighbors Nocturne.  I'm in love with a new record, maybe I can let Sun Kil Moon rest for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment