Wednesday, December 15, 2010

In God We Trust..


The Artisan approach is catching fire in NY.  When I lived in Brooklyn, I'd pass Shana Tabor's store on my way home, walking my latte.  Her store at the time was part vintage and part homemade clothes for guys and gals.  She started with an aesthetic that was starting to take shape in the neighborhood with guys like Noel at "Saved" and St. Helen's Cafe.  Every time I visit the city I check into her store to see what she has going on.  She now has four locations which is a sure sign of things to come in our country.  The attention to detail that was main street may be making a come back.  Lets hope so anyway.



The Madison shoe and boot by Stacy Adams was a great call by her.  This to me has always been a shoe for the pimp but she discovered this one line called the Madison.  I just purchased some in raw leather.


The Brockton original




It was great to see her again in her store succeeding.  Perhaps the most impressive thing about her was that her hands felt like working hands and her fingernails were dirty...



No comments:

Post a Comment