Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Orleans Coffee Review....


Since coming back to New Orleans I've learned that we're an awfully proud city.  Proud of our music, food and culture and proud enough to serve shit coffee and call ourselves the coffee capital.  I will argue that we have some of the best spaces for cafes but the quality of coffee is nowhere near the west coast or Brooklyn.  I'm happy New Orleans is finally being challenged by the outsiders moving into the Bywater/ Nouvelle Marigny area.  This morning right around the corner from the St. Roch home we're interested in, I stumbled into St. Coffee and must say I am proud to have them so close by.  The coffee is like sipping a whiskey.  Rich, nutty and well crafted.  Until I found this place my favorite was Orange couch which will always be up there for me because it's a nice space with good coffee and it's a good place to meet locals.  For me the best coffee in all of the metro area is Sucre in Metairie but of course that means venturing back into the sugar land of the United States of America.  Sipping this coffee today is a sure sign that the artisan movement is working its way through the crescent.






No comments:

Post a Comment