Thursday, October 20, 2022

"Louque Letters To Rusty Pipe"

 Greetings Rusty Pipe,


It was great to see your order come through.  I find it a great omen that your order number is 00011.  The number 11 has always carried significant meaning to me as it was Joey’s number.  


Thanks for always taking me seriously as a musician, even way back when it was only a dream and I probably came across a little odd for pursuing this path.  I honestly had no choice.  After Joey passed, I vowed to not let fear get in the way and work to find my true gifts.  It was challenging because my instincts were sending me down strange roads like acting and New York.  By the time I was getting weak and starting to doubt, your mom came down with meningitis and the nasty warrior in me reappeared.


I’m so proud to be where I’m from and I love the humility and resourcefulness of our tribe.  I spoke to my dad yesterday about locating the old St. Philamena church bell.  I’d love to erect it in the Point De Cannes and have an annual celebration for the ones we’ve lost.  We are headed on tour next month and will be stopping in Woodstock to record with my band and we are recording a song I wrote called “Under The Blood Red Sun”.  It’s all about the tragedies of Grand Point.


I hope this finds you well and on a path you love.  Life is not always easy, but now and then I look up and feel like I’m honoring the vow I made as a kid.  


Much Love,


Dut





No comments:

Post a Comment