Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Ode to Time


the richest man is he who carries understanding in his heart and
the most virtuous is he who extends that understanding to another being
we're in a world who's quivering and wavering with question
i've been blessed with the precious gift of time
and i see kings with false notions of our possibilities 
and
i hear only one voice
all kings sitting highest on the mountaintop eventually cannibalize themselves
man's lust is a dirty whore
i've been charmed and repelled by ms. america
and i'm free of her bondage now 
and know my country and its beauty is going to come from me
my america is a blank canvas and shall plant the seeds around me
no matter what soil i lay my bare feet
thanks to god
to the god of all nations
for i've been blessed with time 




No comments:

Post a Comment