Sunday, January 20, 2013

St. Roch Tavern..


The past two Fridays I have tried out playing at the St. Roch Tavern down the street and am loving it.  It is not associated with any old New Orleans traditions musically speaking and that is just perfect for me.  The most important thing about this place is the diversity and in my neighborhood.  

I have been knowing William Chandler for like three years now and always knew he played guitar but we had never played together.  Over the years we both learned that we both had a love of late 80's new wave and punk scene.  One day we decided to play and we just clicked and he pushed me into a sound that I've been after for a long time.  Along with being a really tasteful musician, he's great to hang with. 

On Friday, he played my Jazzmaster guitar because his Rickenbacker is in the shop and sounded great. We will probably play shows once a month and eventually be recording everything we do for NetLive Music.  

Jeremy Krause has been a long time fan of my music.  I guess he heard me in San Diego a few years back or something.  His startup is called "Netlive Music" and he wants to promote me with my live recordings.  We plan to meet soon to get to know each other better.  I'm really excited about playing live again.  I feel that it is providing me with much needed energy and confidence.  



"The St. Roch Sessions" is the name of the night at the Tavern.  I'm eventually going to be bringing in other artist to play and hopefully over time do my part in developing a local, new music scene that isn't tourist music.



No comments:

Post a Comment