Friday, November 18, 2011

Here is a House...


Tonight I was going through some vinyl records and came across my old Depeche Mode collection.  I put the needle on the record and it happened in a second.  I was flooded with a feeling of possibility and dream.  The feeling sends you down a path, each step assured by the last.  Where the path is taking you is not clear.  What is the path and what about those feelings?  What to do with it?  Those were thoughts I held onto driving to New Orleans in the late 80's.  Tonight in the shower I realized I'm living this feeling through my own work.  The feeling we felt and the path it inspired in the Gold Mine days, was not merely about physical conquest, wealth or even greatness.  It was about going into the unknown, to your unknown self and finding soul and reason.  "Let me see you stripped down to the bone".  

Oh God it's raining and I'm not complaining......M.Gore

No comments:

Post a Comment