Friday, October 15, 2010

Shop Chic!!


Growing up in a small farming town, I was surrounded by many men in work clothes.  Somewhere between farming clothes to machinist attire.  When I was young and rebellious, I wanted nothing to do with this look but now I have grown to appreciate not only the style but the hard working men who wear this everyday.  I remember seeing them going to work in the morning and returning home all dirty.  Many of them would hit the showers only to return in a fresh set of work clothes.  It had become their style.  


I think the most alluring thing about the style is that it came out of pure function and just so happens to look good.  These were men of great craft and integrity.  They lived in the moment and provided for their families


These are the guys that introduced us to denim! Gold Miners!


Lately, I have been loving the top button on shirts with no tie.  Not to look like a preppy or a conservative, more like a machinist who is protecting himself from flying shavings.


Got to have some old Red Wings


Safety Glasses, Andy Fletcher Style!



Earnest Sewn is my jean of choice.  Not only do they fit me well, they represent what "Cafe Epoque" is all about, hand made by passionate people.  


Shop rags are so hip!





No comments:

Post a Comment